Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Rainy Day

Hard to believe, but it’s raining out again. However, I was able to go over to my camper and re-install the shelves in my kitchen cabinet.

See the pictures below:

Bottom Shelf Secured by Wood

In this first picture, you can see the boards I put in the bottom with the holes where I brought the legs up through. The bottom of the shelves do not move at all anymore, which adds to the stability of the whole unit.

Shelves Secured

In the second picture, you can see the shelves all set up. They are amazingly sturdy with only a few pieces of velcro here and there.

I will probably craft something for the right side which will serve two purposes:

  1. Keep the shelves from moving to the right (they’re up against the wall on the left)
  2. keep the stuff on the shelves from sliding off the right side

Because of the weight limitations, I’ll probably use a 1/8” thick piece of plywood and some 2x4 sections to hold it against the shelves on one side and against the wall on the other. There will also be a couple of pieces attached to the plywood that will span to the front inside closet wall to keep the plywood from coming forward. I’m doing everything I can to keep from putting nails in my walls anywhere.

I got a call today from Topper King in Brandon letting me know that the tonneau cover for the truck is in. It is painted the same color as my truck and will have a lock that works with my remote. I’m looking forward to getting it installed so I load the cargo box that’s pretending to be a coffee table into the back of the truck.

My appointment is at 11:30 tomorrow morning. If it’s not raining when I get home and if I get home early enough, I might make a stab at attaching the spring bars to my trailer hitch, or I might stop at Lowe’s to get the plywood and complete the shelf installation.

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. Now that I can comment successfully, I'll be here often, K. Our skies were clear and cobalt blue today. Temperatures in the 50's. We need rain for the 102 trees we planted on the weekend, send some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time according to my laptop is 10:09pm...

    ReplyDelete