Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Quiet Sunday

One of my favorite things to do on Saturdays is reading my on-line RV Travel magazine. I learn so much about RVing. In case any of you would like to enjoy this publication, it’s a free subscription. Just go to RVTravel.com. The latest issue can be found at: http://rvtravel.com/issue424.shtml

Sure, there is some advertising, but web sites and maintaining them cost money. They do provide a place to make a donation to help with the magazine if you feel so inclined.

With my travel and other busy-ness, I didn’t get to last Saturday’s magazine until this morning and spent this afternoon reading the one from yesterday.

Today, I was reading my magazine while watching the Joan of Arcadia marathon on the Gospel Music Channel. What a great, family-friendly show that was, and with some of my favorite actors: Joe Montegna, Mary Steenbergen, Amber Tamblyn and Jason Ritter (John Ritter’s son who now has a small role in Parenthood).

From RV Travel, I learned the steps to take to level a trailer, got some great hints on campground electricity, some truths about deep-cycle batteries, read an article called Backing a Trailer 101 etc., etc. There are also a lot of references to intriguing places all over the country.

My cousin, Ethelyn, will be pleased to know that:

“A Pennsylvania woman has unearthed a 3.17-carat canary yellow diamond at Arkansas' Crater of Diamonds State Park. The park's diamond mine is the only one in North America where the public can search and keep diamonds and other gems.”

I just know that she and her husband will want to stop there on their way to El Paso, TX to visit her daughter Susan and family. Might be kind of difficult to do if they fly.

Looking forward to tomorrow and, hopefully, completing my Federal Income Tax. As some of you know, Florida does NOT have a state income tax.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment