Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Love Being Retired!

In my last post (was it really Saturday?), I indicated I was going to spend the next day working on my railings. Well, here it is Tuesday and I still haven’t even touched the railings.

On Sunday, I basically goofed off for the day – I guess that’s a good thing since we all need a day of rest. I love being retired!

Yesterday, instead of working on the railings, I had to call for an Employer ID Number for my mother’s estate, visit her bank, close out her checking account and open a checking account in the name of her estate. It took about 3 hours/

After this, I felt justified in lunching at one of my favorite places: Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza. Not only do they have the best pizza around (not in my youngest brother’s opinion – his favorite is Westshore Pizza), but their chicken wings, Italian salad, and spare ribs are out of this world.

Today, instead of working on the railings, I went into Brandon and had a long breakfast/lunch with Joan, a friend of mine from where I worked before I retired. After I got home, I did the laundry and had a lot of eBay business to take care of. And, still, the railings haven’t been worked on.

I expect you can guess what I plan to do in the morning. Yep! Work on the railings… unless something more fun comes along. After all, I AM RETIRED!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment