Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Kitchen Shelf Project Is Complete

As of today, I can say that my kitchen shelf project is complete. Today, I cut the Lexan and 1x2’s and put them together so stuff won’t fall off the the front of the shelves.

As you can see from the picture of them sitting on my kitchen table, I reinforced the bottoms of the 5” by 27 3/4” pieces of Lexan with the 24” 1x2’s. The Lexan will be levered into the front of the shelves with the 1x2 in front. Hopefully, this will provide enough support. The only way the stuff could slide off is if the Lexan breaks where the 1x2 doesn’t reach.

Kitchen Cabinet Shelf Fronts-1 

Tomorrow, I plan to try to finish the work on the railings of the ramp that goes up to the front porch of the house. I have two boards in one small section to replace and then have to cut and install posts in the center of each of the four long sections of railing.

This afternoon, I talked to my sister-in-law Esther, who finally was able to come back from Venice, Italy. She was delayed about a week because of the cancelled flights caused by volcanic ash. Wow, was she ever happy to be home! And are we ever happy to have her home safe!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment