Thursday, April 1, 2010

Epcot, Glenn Beck, and My New Pickup

First, let me apologize for the long gap between the last time I posted my blog and now. Needless to say, I’ve been extremely busy, but that is no excuse. I imagine the length of this post might help make up for it.

Last weekend, I treated myself to a day at Disney and attendance at American Revival, a Glenn Beck rally with the theme of Faith, Hope, and Charity. Then, on Monday, I visited Jarrett-Scott Ford in Plant City and purchased a new Candy Apple Metallic Red Ford F-150 XLT pickup truck.

Epcot Center

On Friday, I visited Epcot Center. It was a perfect day to be strolling through the park. The flowers were even more beautiful than usual since Epcot is holding their International Flower and Garden festival. A few of the photos (in no particular order) I took during my visit are in the following album:

What a gorgeous day it was! Not too hot and not too cold. The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze, just enough to keep from getting too warm. I hope the photos will make it possible for you to enjoy my visit vicariously.

American Revival with Glenn Beck

I guess you could say that I am a fan of Glenn Beck. Unless I am out of my house or out of my car, I listen to Glenn Beck’s radio show five days per week, three hours per day. I always watch his show on Fox News at 5 pm Monday through Friday, even if not as it’s broadcast, since I record it every day.

I was so excited to learn that Glenn was coming to Orlando on March 27th and that I would be able to attend. I was not disappointed.

The program was extremely informative and entertaining. Glenn had three speakers discuss the Faith, Hope and Charity themes respectively. David Barton, David Buckner and Judge Andrew Napolitano were incredible, then Glenn brought it all together.

Faith

The solution to our problem is not in Washington, but from God through us.

David Barton, who probably owns more original documents from the time of our nation’s founding than any other individual, spoke on Faith. He pointed out that of the 192 nations in the U.N. this year, revolution occurs every 30 years. We’re more than 200 years old and have not had a revolution.

He spoke of the philosophy of our American Government as stated in the following 55 words of the Declaration of Independence:

We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness: that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their powers from the consent of the governed.

In his talk and in the printed materials we were given, David Barton pointed out that 4 unchangeable principles make up the heart and soul of American government:

  1. There is a Creator.
  2. The Creator gives specific inalienable rights to man.
  3. Government exists to protect God-given rights.
  4. Government powers are to be operated only with the permission of citizens.

He spoke of how great the role of prayer, and even fasting, played during the Constitutional Convention.

He also spoke about how our history has been revised and deconstructed. Truth has been distorted so long and lies repeated so often, it’s no wonder our citizenry is so deceived about the founding of our country and the character of the Founding Fathers. Were you aware that prior to 1815, our government had 1400 calls to prayer.

I was not aware, but apparently John Locke’s writings played a big part in the way our government was developed. I immediately downloaded John Locke’s writings to my Amazon Kindle. I’m looking forward to exploring this.

Did you know, for example, that the first Congress of the United States printed 10,000 BIBLES “for use in our schools?”

Hope

Glenn Beck says Hope can only be real if it is based on truth.

David Buckner, noted economist, who spoke on Hope, offered some really scary statistics:

The U.S. debt is multiplying astronomically:

1990 - $3.2 Trillion

2000 - $5.6 Trillion (75% increase)

2010 - $14.4 Trillion (157% increase)

Our level of spending is unsustainable. The risk is high.

If there is an increase of 1% in the interest rate, we would owe $144 billion.

If there is an increase of 16% in the interest rate, we would owe $2.3 trillion.

Consider the promises the U.S. has made:

$14.4 trillion to lenders

$6.6 trillion to Social Security

$36.3 trillion to Medicare

------

$57.3 trillion - every man, woman & child owes $184,000

BUT as George Washington said: “WE MUST NEVER DESPAIR.”

No one knows what I want better than I do, so TRUST ME!

Americans are insightful, innovative and enlightened.

According to Charles Spurgeon, “A groundless hope is a mere illusion.

HOPE:

Home: It all begins here.

Ownership: Take control of the process.

Prepare: Avoid the FIVE fallacies:

  • It never happened before
  • It’s always gone this way
  • Everyone else is doing it this way
  • The experts say…why would you question me?
  • Trust us…we’ll take care of you

Education and Engagement

79% of people believe we’re headed for an economic collapse.

Charity

The secret of CHARITY – YOU decide to give it away.

Our Constitution allows us to get rich and to do what we want with our money.

Judge Andrew Napolitano says the earth is either flat or round. An act of government can’t make it one way or the other.

Our Constitution is based on The Natural Law/ the Natural Order of Things. Our rights come from the Creator. These rights are inalienable.

Judge Napolitano make it clear that charity is not when the government takes your money through taxation and gives it to someone; it’s when you decide to give you money to someone or some organization.

GLENN BECK – KEYNOTE SPEAKER

Glenn’s message was almost more a sermon than a speech. It was extremely inspiring. Some of what he said I noted are:

Believe, he said. I was blind, but now I see.

It doesn’t matter where you were before; it’s where you are now.

Failure is a blessing!

It’s not compassionate to NOT let people fail.

Question with boldness – honest questions.

There’s no such thing as coincidence.

We have to figure out the value of our soul.

If God is for us, who can stand against us?

Don’t dismiss anything.

Never dismiss that inner voice.

Ghandi said: “Truth is an anvil; Non-violence is the hammer.”

We have the TRUTH. We know the TRUTH. We need to restore the TRUTH.

Next Actions:

  1. Get a moleskin notebook.
  2. Write down what you see, what you read, what you experience, what you feel.
  3. Put it on paper.
  4. Everything happening today is history; Pass this information on to the next generation.
  5. Remember who we are.
  6. Struggle makes life worth living.
  7. Play offense; we are the majority!
  8. Be our grandparents.
  9. We have to be lifeboats for our friends.

Glenn indicated that he and his staff are developing a budget that will help us find the way out for the USA. It will require a 40 – 50% slash in spending and reducing taxes to about 12%.

My New Pickup

On Monday, I purchased a new Ford F-150 XLT Super-cab pickup truck. It has built-in SIRIUS radio, is candy apple metallic red, and compared to my Dodge Caravan, HUGE. See the pictures:

2010 Ford F150 Pickup-1

2010 Ford F150 Pickup-2

As you can see by the way it is situated in the parking spot, I haven’t quite got the parking down pat. For a couple of days, I didn’t realize how far down the driver’s seat was. Once I raised the seat (probably 2 – 2 1/2 inches) and lowered the pedals (all via power controls), I found it easier to know where I was.

If you want a laugh sometime, come and watch me try to back it into my driveway. I can’t imagine what will happen with a camper attached.

Tomorrow, I’ll be heading to Jeff’s to spend Easter. Next week, I’ll be talking with the folks at Camping World and hope to have the camper ready for its premier camping trip by next weekend or the one after. I have to get a hitch put on the truck and have the camper inspected, any repairs made, and learn how to operate everything. Camping World provides that service.

Whether I’ll be able to get the camper into a site is anyone’s guess.

Until next time…

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy. Good. Glad you were able to see Glenn Beck. Love your new truck!! Where do you plan to camp for the first time? Best wishes for camper training class. :-) Miss you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truck is beautiful! Can't wait to see the whole rig! Good posting!

    ReplyDelete