Saturday, April 10, 2010

Movies and More

This morning, my friend Karen and I went to see “Date Night,” the recently released movie starring Steve Carell, Tina Fey and Mark Wahlberg. I had seen previews showing hilarious parts of the movie, and like always, worried that what I had seen in previews comprised all of humorous parts. Believe me, it did not. It was thoroughly entertaining and funny throughout.

Lunch

Lunch at Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza in Brandon was next on the agenda. There are three in the Tampa area – see: http://www.anthonyscoalfiredpizza.com/hillsborough.html

If you are ever in the area, be sure to stop by. They have a variety of delicious dishes, including “well-done” pizza (my favorite is pepperoni, calamata olives and sweet peppers), luscious chicken wings, spectacular spare ribs, tasty Caprese salad (fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, basil and sweet peppers), and so on. Service is great. The staff is friendly and helpful. I’m getting hungry for it again just talking about it.

Income Tax (Shudder!!!)

After I got home, I worked some more on my federal income taxes. I am determined to complete them by Monday evening and hope not to have to pay a fortune with the return.

Storage in My Pick-Up

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I had bought a big cargo box for the back of my pickup. This afternoon, I brought it in the house and tried loading my tools into it. I’ve managed to load my rechargeable drill, my rechargeable jig saw, my electric drill, my Black & Decker circular saw, my toolbox, a toolbox with an assortment of socket wrenches, and my bow saw. Believe it or not, there’s still a bunch of room left for when I clean out the tools in my .

I guess I’ll be using this box as a coffee table until my new Leer pickup cap is installed (it’s due in 2-3 weeks). Then, I’ll have to empty it, move it to the pickup, and reload the tools.

As the time to “hit the road” gets closer, I find myself getting excited about the possibility of being on the road full-time. Now if I can just get my house sold, I’ll be ready, or at least as ready as I’ll ever be.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment