Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Last Song

Today, my friend Karen and I went to see the movie The Last Song starring Miley Cyrus, Greg Kinnear and Kelly Preston. The book the movie was based on was written by Nicholas Sparks. It was a family-friendly film, but something of a tear-jerker.

Yesterday, I was able to cut the boards to length and put the holes in them to put in the closet. I hope this will keep the shelves from sliding around. This morning, I installed the boards in the bottom of the closet with the bottom legs up through the boards. Tomorrow, I’ll take a picture so you can see what this looks like. It really looks like it might work exactly as I hope. I’ll also add the velcro to the shelves and wall to improve stability. I sure will be glad when this is done.

Last night, I must admit to feeling a little overwhelmed about how the hitch goes together, even with the instructions that came with it. Then – I know it’s hard to believe – I had a bright idea: check out the internet for help with how all of this works. I found the best resource I’ve seen yet: a site with everything about hitching up, towing and even backing up. The instructions were divided into 12 chapters, with marvelous illustrations and pictures. Tonight, my goal is to read it, especially the parts about how to put the hitch together correctly.

Right now, the Lawrence Welk Show, a program on PBS my mother never missed, is just getting over. Wish she were hear to watch it with me. She would really have enjoyed this one – Joanne Castle, the honky-tonk piano player, was playing the accordion with Myron Floren.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment