Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter, 2010

This year, I spent Easter at my brother Jeff’s near Atlanta. Since I did not return until Wednesday evening and did not take my computer with me, this is the first chance I’ve had to post to my blog. From now on, though, there should be no excuse for not posting daily entries.

I took a few pictures of the family after we ate too much ham, macaroni and cheese, corn, asparagus (Jeff sprinkled a little parmesan cheese on it – yummy!), etc. etc..

Easter 2010 at Jeffs-26

Above is my sister-in-law, Kathy, and Jerry, a good friend of Jeff and Kathy.

Easter 2010 at Jeffs-23

Here are Jerry again, my brother Jeff, and his mother-in-law, Grace.

Easter 2010 at Jeffs-24

Here’s Grace again and my nephew, Chris.

 Easter 2010 at Jeffs-25

Sleeping with the bear on his lap is my nephew, Greg.

Don’t I have a great family? I’m surprised they let me be a part of it.

What a beautiful time to be in Georgia. EVERYTHING was in bloom as you can see by the following photos.

Believe me, these pictures do not begin to do justice to the splendor arrayed in Georgia this spring. What these pictures do not show is the pine pollen that was everywhere. By the time I got home, my gorgeous red truck was GREEN. A visit to the car wash down in Plant City restored the glorious red color.

I wish I could have taken a picture of some of the areas on my trip back. Between Atlanta and Macon, there was so much pine pollen in the air, it was hard to see very far ahead at times. From Macon through the rest of Georgia, what stood out were the spectacular wisteria vines, covering up the trees from top to bottom with their lavender flowers.

Today, after visiting the Ford dealer to have my bed extender installed, I went to Wal*Mart and bought a big cargo box for storing my tools in the back of my pickup truck. The box is 19” high, by 25” deep, by 38 1/2” and has wheels on one end, which is a blessing since it’s fairly heavy.

Next week, I plan to visit Camping World and have them install a trailer hitch on my pickup, then have them check out my travel trailer.  It shouldn’t be long now before I “hit the road,” as the voice of Homer Simpson tells me on my Tom Tom GPS unit.

Of course, my plans for camping hinge on whether I can learn to back up the travel trailer and even go around a corner without running over the curb.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment