Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My New Tonneau Cover and The Manhattan Declaration

 

My new Tonneau Cover was installed today. Isn’t it gorgeous?

 2010 Ford F150 PU with Top-1 2010 Ford F150 PU with Top-5

I was a little surprised at how hard it was to pull the top down. There is a strap to grab hold of, but it’s an awful stretch for someone who suffers sore shoulders so often. I’ll add some kind of extension to the strap which will make getting hold of it much easier.

You also can’t tell be looking at it just how heavy it is to close. I think this will get easier once it’s been used a few times. In the meantime, next time you see me, I may have Popeye-like upper arms – heh, heh, heh!

The Manhattan Declaration

Anyone who has spent much time with me in the last year or so knows that I rarely miss the Glenn Beck show at 5 pm on Fox News Network. Today was no exception.

In keeping with his main themes of the last month or so (Faith, Hope, and Charity), his guests were Dr. Alveda King (Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s niece), rocker Teg Nugent and a professor from Princeton. The discussion was about non-violent protest and how important it was in the 1960’s. They also talked about the Manhattan Declaration, a document that supports the sanctity of life, the importance of maintaining traditional marriage, and religious liberty. It has been signed by more than 460,000 people, including me.

If you wish to see the declaration and maybe even sign it, check out:

http://ManhattanDeclaration.org

 

Trapped in Venice, Italy

By the way, many of you know my sister-in-law Esther, the family’s own world traveler. She has been trapped in Venice by the Icelandic volcano, but has been told she will be flying out this Friday. Just imagine!

Until next time…

3 comments:

  1. Love the bright red! Very visible on the highway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose clock is this anyway? It's 9:29 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much it cost you for that tonneau? I'm planning to get a hard cover but still undecided if I'm going to get a folding one just like the BakFlip tonneau or not.

    ReplyDelete