Monday, January 18, 2010

Back to Her Old Habits

Last night, Mom went back to her old habits of staying up all night. She would not stay in bed. Instead, she rattled the railing on her bed, then inched herself down the bed and had her feet out over the bottom of the bed. If I hadn’t gotten up and stopped her, she would have probably fallen out of the bed.

We finally came back out to the living room and spent the night with her babbling most of the night. She’s getting a little too confident in her ability to walk. While I was in the bathroom, she got up from her recliner/rocker and fell. Fortunately, her bones of steel are still intact. Usually, she goes to sleep right after a fall, but not today. In fact, she’s only taken a few catnaps since yesterday morning.

She has a fairly new trick, as evidenced by the following picture:

Mom with Blanket on Head 2

I don’t know why she covers her head like this. Maybe she wanted to make it dark so she could go to sleep. I can always hope.

Hopefully, this post makes some sense; I sure didn’t get enough sleep last night, so who knows what I’ve written.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment