Friday, January 22, 2010

Suggestions Welcome

Mom fell again today. She did manage to walk about 15 feet before doing so, but it’s still scary. I have no idea how to keep her seated until she lets me know she wants to get out of her chair and go somewhere.

This time, I was in the bathroom. I had reminded her before going there that she should wait until I got back before getting up. Obviously, she either forgot or felt she didn’t have to listen.

I now take my showers while she is in bed since she still hasn’t managed to climb out of bed yet. Unfortunately, I can’t confine her to bed whenever I have to do something in another room, like laundry or cleaning or going to the bathroom.

Any ideas, anyone?

She’s asleep now; she usually goes right to sleep after falling. I called Hospice to let them know she fell and they’ll be sending someone out to check her out tomorrow since she has no obvious bruises and says she’s not hurt.

On Another Note:

Today, i started Bob Livingston’s book RV Repair & Maintenance Manual which was published by Trailer Life. I’m still trying to get a handle on how the electrical system works in the camper, how best to use my solar generator, and whether I want to replace my single wet-cell battery with two of the kind that do not require checking water levels. The second battery will add some weight, but the additional storage capacity should help if I do much boondocking (camping without hookups for electric, sewer and water).

The only thing I remember from my high school physics class was that my teacher, Mr. Sanford, always said pacific gravity when he meant specific gravity. Needless to say, that doesn’t help much in figuring out amps. volts, watts, resistance, etc. I do know I eventually want to replace all of my 12-volt bulbs with LED bulbs.

Well, I hear Mom calling so I’ll close this post.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment