Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mom Is Finally Home

What a great day this has been! We got to bring Mom home from the hospital. Ray was able to pick her up and get her into my car to bring her home.

We arrived at home around 2 pm and I fixed her some lunch. She ate some mashed potatoes, drank a bottle of Dan-Activ, and about 1/2 bottle of Glucerna, after which she slept the rest of the afternoon.

She ate a good supper of home-made potato soup and bread and, of course, the ever-present Dan-Activ. She also drank some more Glucerna and took her medicine without incident.+

This doesn’t sound like much food, but she probably ate more today than what she ate on any given day she was at the hospital. And you all thought I couldn’t cook!

She’s really gone downhill in strength since being in the hospital, but I’ve tried to get her to use her legs and move as much as she can herself. However, she can’t even stand on her own anymore. Lying in bed for days at a time really takes its toll. I’m determined, however, to get her at least standing again.

Since hospice is coming tomorrow around 1 pm, I should know more about what they will do by the time I write this blog tomorrow night.

Thanks for your continued support and prayers… I can tell God is listening to you all. Praise His Holy Name!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment