Monday, January 25, 2010

Sleepy Time Gal

From night before last until this afternoon, Mom has been sleeping, except for a few minutes here and there to visit the bathroom and eat and take her medicine.

Tonight she is very antsy, popping up and down, going from one chair to another or attempting to go up by the television so she can converse with whoever happens to be on.

Thank heavens for the Right at Home Plant City folks. I got to leave for 4 hours today, thanks to Maria. She takes great care of Mom and Mom was not sad to see me leave, nor too happy to see me come home. This afternoon, when Maria and I were switching cars in the driveway, my brave mother left the comfort of her rocker/recliner and walked out onto the porch.

She’s angry with me most of the time when she is awake because I don’t let her walk by herself, if I can help it. She is so shaky on her feet that it’s not safe for her to be walking alone, but try telling her that.

I am thankful that she is so feisty and alert, not asleep all of the time. It’s kind of lonely when she spends her day in bed, but kind of frustrating when she’s awake – a constant battle of wills.

This afternoon, my snowbird neighbor Charlene from next door called and let me know she and her husband Jack were available if I needed help with Mom at any time of day or night. Do I ever have great friends!

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. i get so much out of your blogs...they are refreshingly honest and i love that! i wish i had the ability to successfully blog =)

    ReplyDelete