Tuesday, January 12, 2010

More News on Mom’s Homecoming

I just published yesterday’s blog – Verizon finally fixed both my phone and my Internet connection – but thought a separate update was in order.

Mom is coming home tomorrow – praise God! She won’t have to put up with hospital food anymore. Of course, she will have to put up with my cooking :) BUT it can’t be as bad as what they brought her in the hospital.

I’m so grateful that I won’t have to leave her there anymore, crying to go home. In fact, the doctor told me it would be better not to put Mom in the hospital again. He has recommended hospice to come in and help with her care at home, instead. To be truthful, I have been extremely reluctant to have hospice here, but I think I really need the help – you can’t imagine how hard it is for me to admit that.

After lying in bed since last Tuesday, she may not be able to walk once she gets home. We did get her out of bed and into a chair today. She didn’t seem to have any problem sitting in the chair and sat there for over an hour before agreeing to go back to bed.

The doctor suggested leaving the catheter in, but I would rather her try to get along without it. Hospice can always put it back in if necessary.

We’ll be getting a hospital bed right after she gets home, but I doubt there’ll be much more that we need for taking care of her – I have so much stuff left from taking care of Mark.  She’ll just need your continued prayers and good thoughts. I have the best family and friends on earth!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment