Friday, May 7, 2010

Another Hot and Busy Day

Today was another busy day. This morning, I cleaned out the five earth boxes and 2 planters that were sitting alongside my driveway – a hot job in the hot sun, but it was alleviated a little when I used the hose to wash them down. I always get wetter than whatever I’m trying to clean. This is just another one of those jobs I’ve been putting off for what seems like forever. Now, it’s not hanging over my head any longer.

After that, I took my 4x4 posts down to Ace Hardware where they did a terrific job of cutting them. At least, I think they did; I’ll know tomorrow morning when I try to install them. It was just too hot when I arrived home and then it rained very hard for about an hour.

To be truthful, though, the real reason I didn’t try to install them is that I noticed my new ASUS Notebook computer was on the back step as I drove in the driveway. I will be getting rid of my desktop computer – I don’t think it can stand the bumps and vibrations a camper makes as it goes down the highway. My old laptop is just too slow and doesn’t have any more room on the hard drive.

My new notebook has a Core i3 processor, a 500-Gigabyte hard drive and 4 Gigabytes of RAM. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has a 15.6-inch HD LED-backlit Color-Shine widescreen. I’m also very glad it has the 802.11n high-speed networking.

One of its best features compared to my old laptop is that it has a numeric keypad. It also has a built-in webcam and microphone.

Can you understand my excitement? It almost makes up for not being able to go to my niece’s graduation --- but not quite.

I estimate that loading everything on my new computer will probably take a couple of weeks, especially since I have so many other things I’m in the middle of.

On Tuesday, you know, I pick up my camper.

On Wednesday, I’ll be going down to Jarrett-Scott Ford in Plant City to have towing mirrors installed on my pickup. One thing I learned while towing my camper to Camping World was that the regular mirrors just don’t cut it.

After that, I want to try camping for a few days to see what I’m going to need before heading for New York in June.

Sorry to ramble on so, but it sure has been a busy day. Don’t you agree?

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment