Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Papers, Please!

A friend of mine sent me an email today which sums up the debate on the new AZ immigration law and exposes the absurdity of those who oppose it.

I must show ID when:

1. Pulled over by the police

2. Making purchases on my master card or VISA credit card ....  every dang time.

3. When I show up for a doctor's appointment.

4. When filling out a credit card or loan application.

5. When applying for/renewing a driver's license or passport.

6. When applying for any kind of insurance.

7. When filling out college applications.

8. When donating blood.

9. When obtaining certain prescription drugs.

10. When making some debit purchases, especially if I'm out of state.

11. When collecting a boarding pass for airline or train travel.

I'm sure there are more instances but the point is, we citizens are required to prove who we are nearly every day.

Why should people illegally in this country be exempt?

Why should they be calling us racists or bigots???

Doesn’t that just about say it all?

My Archive Project

I’ve been making great progress on my archiving project, but it’s kind of discouraging because for every CD or cassette I process, I find 10 more to do. But the project is worth it. Tapes and CDs take up a lot of space, but I can archive my tapes and CDs to my computer for use on iTunes and my iPod and no matter how many I add, they take up no additional physical space.

I’m currently working on the last Harry Potter tape, which is really the sixth – I’ve already done the seventh. It was on CD and was easier and faster to do than the 27 hours of cassette tape that the sixth takes.

While doing this project, I’m getting some more stuff done around the house. This morning I started going through the shed. I have a feeling a lot of what’s out there will just be discarded. I am finding a few things to take with me when I RV full-time: a Coleman two-burner propane stove, a one-burner Coleman propane Store and a one-burner Coleman gas stove. Can anyone spell redundancy?

I did find a  hot-glue gun I might find use for in my tool kit. and some Trivial Pursuit games I’ll probably get rid of. If anyone would like one, let me know.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment