Saturday, May 8, 2010

Cross Another Job Off the List

As you can see from the pictures, I have finally finished strengthening my ramp:

Completed Ramp-2  Completed Ramp-5

Today, I installed the 4x4 posts in the center of the 8-foot railings.

I apparently did an adequate job of measuring the angles on the post templates. Ace Hardware certainly did a skillful job of cutting them.

After this, I shouldn’t have to worry about someone falling because one of those long railings busts through. I had already replaced all but one of the railings after one broke, almost sending my cousin off the ramp.

The picture below shows a small addition I made which should make coming down the ramp much more safe. I wish I had thought to do this before Mom passed away. She often had to come down the ramp in a wheelchair and I think was scared she might just keep on going off the thing. It must be awful to have to rely on others for your safety. I know I don’t even like to ride in a vehicle unless I’m driving. I can’t imagine being helpless and at the mercy of someone else’s strength and judgment.

Completed Ramp-4

After finishing the ramp, I took a shower – boy, did I need it, ‘cause it’s still hotter than you’d believe here.

You can probably guess what I’ve been doing since. Yes, setting up my new computer. I’ve been finding I can’t load a lot of the software I have because it just isn’t compatible with the new Windows Operating System. Thankfully, I don’t use most of what I can’t load; it’s just stuff I’ve bought over the years and found I didn’t need or want to use it. A lot of these are games I never play. At least my Scrabble and Monopoly games work.

Tomorrow morning, it’s Ironman 2 with Robert Downey Jr. I hope it’s not as bad as the critics have said.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment