Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More Reductions

One of the things I must accomplish before heading out to RV full-time is to reduce the amount of stuff I have. I’m making some progress, but today I started a project that will allow me to get rid of all of the cassette tapes I have – there must be 300 or more.

My Ion Turntable, which allows me to record my phonograph albums (for you too young to know what they are, they are vinyl records that you place on a turntable and they magically produce music), has a feature which allows me to plug my boom-box into it and play cassette tapes which stream to my computer and, with the right software, produce MP3 files. I can then put them on my iPod.

Cd’s that are imported into iTunes using the CD drive hardly take any time, but cassette tapes actually must be played, so it takes just as long as it would to listen to it.

The software that comes with this turntable allows for entering the artist, album and titles of the songs you play. I will also be able to copy all of my books on tape. Just think, I don’t need to drag all of those books and cassettes with me in the camper. They’ll all be stored on my computer and iPod. Oh, what a relief it is! I didn’t want to drag them all along with me and I didn’t want to part with them.

On Another Note…

Today I went to Jarrett-Scott Ford in Plant City to pick up a bottle of touch-up paint. I have one little ding on my driver’s door that I got from hitting something I didn’t notice when I opened the door. It’s no bigger than a flea, but I’d like to keep it pristine. Let’s hope I’ll never need more than that one little bottle.

Another Year Older…

Tomorrow marks quite a milestone – my 65th birthday. I expect it’s all downhill from there. Truthfully, though, I feel as good or better now than I did 20 years ago--at least, as much as I can remember. :)

Until next time…

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Kathy,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
    You are such a wonderful, interesting and special person. I'm glad to know you and miss seeing you. I love reading your blog.
    Have a great day!
    Love~Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kathy,
    I second everything Dianne said and I probably know you better (or longer)!!

    Lots of love,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you two, for the birthday wishes -- you've helped make this a very special day.
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete