Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mirror, Mirror, On the Truck…

As you know from Tuesday’s post, I had an appointment to have the towing mirrors installed on my truck. As you can see from the pictures, it sure makes it easier to see behind me.

Truck_Mirrors_0001-1

 

Truck_Mirrors_0002-1

 

Truck_Mirrors_0003-1

You’ll notice that I emphasized how much better I can see BEHIND me. Now, why do you suppose I did that?

Well, today, while driving a friend down to the courthouse in Tampa, I was checking around to find a way around all of the construction on the street where the courthouse is located. Much to my dismay, as I was stopping for a red light, I heard a clunk. I looked back and realized my wonderful-for-looking-behind-me towing mirror had clipped the mirror of an SUV from Channel 10. In my confusion about where to go I guess I didn’t notice him parked there on the street.

I had an understandably sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and spent most of the rest of the day wishing I could reach my backside with my foot. Fortunately, no one was hurt and my new mirror was just fine, because it folds in from the front—obviously it’s still a little stiff. The driver of the car was sitting reading the paper when I hit his mirror. He wasn’t hurt at all and although his mirror fell off the bracket, I was able to put it right back on. Still, it will probably cost a little to fix it.

Needless to say, during the rest of the time I was driving today I was very aware of where my mirrors were headed.

Tomorrow, the space shuttle is scheduled to take off. I may ride down that way to get a little closer look and stop at Bass Pro Shop on the way there or back. At this point, if I go, I don’t know how close I’ll try to get. Traffic can be a bear during shuttle launch day, but I really have all of the time in the world to get around. On the other hand, I may just go to a movie or put a coat of sealer on my completed and strengthened ramp.

So much to do, so little time.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment