Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Day Has Arrived… Sort Of

Well, today was the big day, the day I went to Camping World to pick up (well, not literally pick it up – it’s way too heavy for that) my camper and participate in their orientation.

I got there about 10 minutes early, but finally the orientation began. The fellow who did it is the same guy who gave the seminars I spoke of before. The camper looked quite different:

  1. Tires were clean and shiny with metal valve stems (I couldn’t see the repacked wheel bearings, but I was assured they were there)
  2. The rusty trailer chains had been replaced with brand new one
  3. The trailer jack had been replaced
  4. There was a brand new breakaway release box and cable
  5. There were two new fans – one in the living area and one in the bathroom over the shower
  6. The camper was much cleaner than when I took it over; they had to wash the outside after they cleaned and re-sealed the roof

As Jeff (do you remember him from the classes I took at Camping World? – if not, you’re not paying attention) was going through things, we found a few more things that needed to be done:

  1. Replace the propane valves (he called later and the regulator had to be replaced also)
  2. Service the hot water heater
  3. Service the refrigerator
  4. Install a new hatch where the electrical cord comes out – the cover tends to fall off whenever it’s touched
  5. Install a replacement handle for the TV antenna
  6. Put a new antenna head on the antenna

I was excited to find out that there is a radio antenna on top of the camper – it should improve radio reception. There is also some sort of TV antenna booster, which Jeff Bittner says will improve reception considerably.

So you see, I had to leave the camper for a few more days. The work won’t take that long, but they’re booked up until next week sometime. They will call when it’s ready.

I’m really kind of glad I didn’t have to take it home today. It’ll be much better after I have the towing mirrors installed tomorrow.

I am making great progress on my new computer, though I’m running into a lot of programs that won’t load correctly. I’ve probably thrown out about 80 CDs that have been hanging around way too long. Talk about downsizing!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment