Sunday, May 23, 2010

Well Worth the Wait

Last Saturday, I missed the Sing Live, USA concert because I was too sick to leave the house. My sister-in-law Esther sings with this group. In fact, she has sung with the group in Leeds, England, at St. Mark’s Basilica in Venice, and even at the Vatican.

Today, I rode to Orlando with Esther and was privileged to attend their concert. It was very entertaining. They sang music from Broadway, a medley of songs by the Beach Boys, a medley of songs by the Beatles, a medley of songs from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, and a number of other individual songs. I particularly enjoyed The Chattanooga Choo-Choo. An incredibly talented group of young people were also special guests of Sing Live.

I hope you all get a chance to hear this wonderful group sing sometime. You won’t be disappointed.

After the concert, we headed back and had our dinner at Anthony’s Coal-Fired Pizza, one of my favorite places. We enjoyed a delicious mozzarella and tomato salad, a well-done coal-fired pizza, and steaming chicken wings with caramelized onions. I even have enough left for another meal or two.

What a great day!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment