Friday, May 14, 2010

Furry Vengeance – Entertaining Environmentalism

Today, since it looked like it might rain (and you can NEVER completely trust the weatherman), I decided to go to the movies.

As you can see by the title of this post, I went to see Furry Vengeance with Brendan Fraser and Brooke Shields. As I expected, there was a lot of environmental propaganda, but the animals that were wreaking the vengeance were extremely cute. The movie was hilarious – lots of situations where the animals, led by a raccoon, stop development of a pristine, supposedly protected forest. There were birds dropping, well, droppings; skunks spraying within the confines of a car, a host of animals wrecking cars by releasing big rocks at just the correct moment, and even a bear locking Brendan Fraser in a much-used porta-potty and then sending it rolling over and over. You can imagine the mess.

Camper Ready, But Am I?

Camping World called late this afternoon to let me know my camper is ready, so I’ll be picking that up in the morning. On Monday, I will begin cleaning the camper inside and out, then I’ll start to load the stuff that will stay there permanently. I’d like to take it out for the first time late next week. I expect to camp two or three times before heading out to New York.

The Dillenbeck Website

I had some work to do on the Dillenbeck website (http://www.dillenbeck.com)  today. This year marks the 100th year that Dillenbecks from all over have celebrated with a reunion. I was hoping to attend this year, but don’t really want to travel so far twice in one year. Oh, well, there’s still plenty of time to decide.

R & R

After my big day, I plan to spend tonight on a little rest and relaxation. I’m in the middle of another Sue Henry book and can’t wait to read the end.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment