Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Decision Time: Decision Made-->No Trip to TN

This morning, after doing laundry so I’d be ready to go, I got on the TN DOT website and checked out the flooding again. After seeing all of the squiggly blue lines, I decided not to go to TN. I just feel very uncomfortable about driving up there in the aftermath of such devastation.

The worst part about not going, of course, is I won’t get to see all of my family. I planned to stop near Atlanta on the way up and visit my brother Jeff and his family, including my nephew Chris who is in the Army. I also will miss seeing my niece graduate from college and, of course, my other brother Ray and his family.

Oh, well, I’ll get to see them all when I go to New York for Mom’s memorial service –- them and a lot of other friends and family.

This afternoon, I forced myself to get out the paperwork for my mother’s estate and work on it. I don’t know why I dreaded it so much. I guess it just confirms again that she is gone and brings to mind how much I miss her. After all of the complaining I did about her waking me up throughout the night, I’d give almost anything to to have her call my name in the night.

It’s been so hot here the last few days, I can hardly stand it. Hopefully, it will cool down to normal high 80/s sometime soon.

Tomorrow, my plan is to measure for the posts I’m using to reinforce the railings. I’ve decided to measure and cut a 1x4 for each one and use the 1x4’s for a template for the posts.

The posts are 8’ long. I’ll first cut them in half and if that works okay, measure and cut them using the templates. If it’s really difficult to cut them in half, I’ll take the 4x4 posts to Lowe’s or Home Depot and have them cut them to size, complete with the angles on each end. I’ll be so glad to get this done. Once done, I’ll be applying sealant. Is there NO END to all of the WORK I have to do?

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment