Monday, January 3, 2011

Change Adds Up

Today, I took the coins I’ve been saving up, except for the pennies, to Publix where they have a machine that will count them for you – I had over $600 in change. What a nice addition to my bank account!

In fact, I spent most of the day running around: to the Thonotosassa post office, to Publix, to Long John Silver’s, to Chase Bank, to Wachovia Bank, to the Seffner post office (I’d forgotten to mail a couple of things earlier, and to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Talk about tired out. Running around like that tires me out more than working, but I was able to get some much needed drawer organizers for my camper.

Had a close call tonight at Kazbor’s where Karen and I went for chicken wings. They were advertising two different soups: seafood bisque and sausage and potato soup. We both ordered the sausage and potato soup, but what the waitress brought us didn’t look much like sausage and potato soup. When we asked if this was the right soup, she said she was sure it was, but she would check with the kitchen. By that time I’d eaten 3 or 4 spoonfuls.

It was the seafood soup, containing lobster AND shrimp, both of which literally can close up my throat. Fortunately, other than a loss of appetite, I haven’t yet suffered any ill effects.

I’ve just about finished the book The Third Option by Vince Flynn, an exciting book about counterterrorism and assassins and I’m still listening to the fourth Harry Potter book – Goblet of Fire.

Well, back to my reading.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment