Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A friend sent me the following in an email. That little boy sure got it right.

A Sunday School teacher decided to have her young class memorize one of the most quoted passages in the Bible - Psalm 23. She gave the youngsters a month to learn the chapter.
Little Rick was excited about the task - but he just couldn't remember the Psalm. After much practice, he could barely get past the first line.
On the day that the kids were scheduled to recite Psalm 23 in front of the congregation, Ricky was so nervous. When it was his turn, he stepped up to the microphone and said proudly, 'The Lord is my Shepherd, and that's all I need to know.'

Isn’t that a great one?

A few days ago, my sister-in-law in Johnson City sent me the following picture, You can barely see that big Dodge truck behind the snow bank. That’s the same truck I need a stepstool to get into. Glad that doesn’t happen here in Florida.

Snow in JC 20110121Smaller

I guess they have also been having sub-zero temps like the rest of the northeast.

This morning, the strawberry pickers were out behind my camper. You would not believe how fast they move down that field. They work so hard picking and literally run down the field to the next set of rows to pick in.

 

Strawberry Pickers-2Small

Although it’s still quite early (3:59 PM), I’m going to post this blog because we’re supposed to have severe thunderstorms this evening. The National Weather Service just announced there’s tornado in Hernando/Pasco counties (we’re south of there).

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment