Friday, January 21, 2011

Lasagna or Not

This afternoon, my cousin Richard and I stopped at Lazy Days RV Park to pick up Patti (Esther’s roommate from college) so we could all ride over to Esther’s together for a promised lasagna dinner .

We had a great dinner, though it wasn’t the feast we had anticipated. Instead, we were invited to (and did) eat prime rib smothered in mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and baby carrots. For dessert, Esther forced us to eat macadamia nut cheesecake. It was a trial – no lasagna and being compelled to eat prime rib and cheesecake, but lasagna or not, we had a great dinner and a great time of fellowship with Esther, Steven, our niece Jane and Jane’s husband David.

Richard and I got home tonight about 10 o’clock. Now, it’s time to go to bed. If you want to read my latest piece from my daily prompts, it follows, otherwise, this post is complete.

Mail-Order

My prompt for the day was “Write about something you bought mail order.:”

Since the Internet burst on the scene and with it Internet marketing, I avoid physical stores even more. Let’s face it. I HATE to shop! I used to have to qualify that statement with “except in bookstores,” but with the advent of Amazon’s Kindle I don’t even have to go into bookstores.

I have bought a variety of items on-line, (my version of mail order): computers, hard disk drives, solar generators, books (before I got my Kindle), TVs, clothing, and on and on. And, although I had to visit the dealer, I picked out the actual pickup truck on-line. For the most part, I have been very satisfied with my purchases.

Anyone who knows me will know I never take anything back to a store. It just seems like too much hassle. Well, since I’ve been shopping on-line, I’ve changed how I think about that. In fact, this week I returned an item. It was much easier to send an e-mail and request instructions for returning the article than it would have taken to drive back to a store and confront customer service with a return.

The reason I returned the item was simple: the day after I received it in the mail, I found a better one for half the price.

Did I ever tell you how much I like shopping mail-order, i.e., on-line?

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment