Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lunch with Joan, Joyce and Skyler

Today, I met my friends Joan and Joyce and Joan’s granddaughter Skyler at Red Lobster for lunch. It was Skyler’s thirteenth birthday and I guess Red Lobster is one of her favorite restaurants. As you all know, it’s not my favorite, but they do have some delicious cream of potato and bacon soup. I also had the chicken sandwich (I just ate the chicken) – it was supposed to be grilled, but there were no grill marks – just a pale piece of chicken. I was very glad it tasted much better than it looked. Of course, their cheddar biscuits make up for a lot too – yum! yum!

I spent a rather sleepless night (woke at 2:30 and couldn’t get back to sleep), but I was able to get through one of the Vince Flynn books I took out of the library yesterday. Only two more to go. These are terrific books. After I got started on the second book, I realized I had already read it, but the books are so good I decided to read it again. The books pretty much all have the same main character(s) – Mitch Rapp of the CIA’s secret counterterrorism unit, Irene Kennedy who is a director at the CIA and some other characters who make up the good guys. Vince Flynn obviously recognizes that there is good and evil in the world. and in his books, the good guys win.

Hope everyone is praying for our new Representatives and Senators. The debt ceiling will soon be reached and I hope they can be adult and mature about raising the debt ceiling -- like accompanying it with some real spending cuts. Heaven knows, we can’t just raise our debt limits. I personally think they could abolish a lot of the regulatory agencies – maybe starting with the FCC who recently created regulations giving themselves a foothold into control of the Internet – it’s called net neutrality. This was done in spite of the fact that Congress could not get legislation through giving them these powers and the courts said they shouldn’t have it. After FCC, they could go after any of the other 3 and 4 letter agencies that reduce our freedoms and make life difficult for all of us.

Well, enough of that.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment