Monday, January 10, 2011

True Grit

Today, despite my previous determination not to see the new True Grit movie, at my brother Ray’s advice, I went to see it and am I glad I did. It’s an excellent movie starring Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Josh Brolin and newcomer Hailee Steinfeld.

It’s been a long time since I saw the original True Grit with John Wayne, Glen Campbell and Kim Darby, but this new one did not attempt to duplicate or “remake” it. The new one is at least as good, if not better, than the old one. I don’t remember the music from the original, but most of this movie has hymns and gospel songs as the background music. My particular favorite was Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. There were a number of unexpectedly funny scenes in the movie and the expected violence was not at all gratuitous.

If you get a chance, be sure to see it.

Why Did He Do It?

You’ll hear from many in the lamestream media that that fellow who shot Gabrielle Giffords and others did so because of right-wing rhetoric. Weird isn’t it, how easily blame is assigned when it’s obvious this guy is a crazy zealot. It is the left like Frances Fox Pivens and others who are are openly calling for violence. Check out this link:

http://hillbuzz.org/2011/01/08/my-congresswoman-voted-against-nancy-pelosi-and-is-now-dead-to-me-eerie-daily-kos-hit-piece-on-gabrielle-giffords-just-two-days-before-assassination-attempt-on-her/

Great-Grandmother Not Just Great Grandmother

My cousin Ethelyn is now A Great-Grandmother, and not just a great grandmother. Her grandson J.F. and his wife Jolie had a baby last night. Her name is Juliette Bailey Woodard. Isn’t that a great name? Baby and mom are healthy and doing well.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment