Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Watch Out!

A rather alarming headline appeared on www.Drudgereport.com today: “Europe begins confiscating private pension funds…”

You can read the whole story at:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/europe-starts-confiscating-private-pension-funds

I had read somewhere that legislation was being written here in this country to seize private pensions. Hard to believe our insatiable government wouldn’t take advantage of this, also. Of course, they will couch it in words that indicate it is “to protect us” or “for our good,” but I think we all know better.

And did you hear about the dead birds (about 3000 in Arkansas and 500 in Louisiana)? They just fell out of the sky. And there were an estimated 100,000 fish killed in a 20-mile stretch of the Arkansas River. Scientists still don’t know what happened.

Today, I finally hooked up the sewer hose to the camper and dumped my grey and black water tanks. It went without a hitch. I didn’t even give myself a shower when I was spraying the hose into the toilet – remember the first time I worked on this. As I told my cousin, “now, I’m free to flush.” Actually, the tanks were only 3/4 full.

And, I got a lot done in the camper today. I even went to Publix to get some groceries so I can start cooking. Rather than use my gas stove, I’ve got an electric hot plate for the little bit of cooking I plan to do other than when I’m cooking outside on a charcoal grill.

UPS delivered a box of apples and cheese from my brother-in-law Don and sister-in-law Rose. The apples are delicious though there are so many I’ll have to share them with Dickie and Karen. And I’m really looking for some real NYS cheddar cheese; I’ve been buying the Cabot (from Vermont) Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese, but it’s not the same as real NYS cheddar.

I went to the library today and checked out 3 Vince Flynn books I haven’t read yet. It just doesn’t make sense to pay $9 each to buy them for my Kindle. Just think: I saved $27

Well, time to get back to No Ordinary Family. I really like this show.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment