Thursday, January 20, 2011

Where Is It?

I live in a 25-foot camper. Today, I finally managed to remove the cover from my light in the bathroom so I could see what kind of bulb was needed. I went down to Ace Hardware and got a new 1141 bulb (actually 2 packages of 4 bulbs), came back home and installed it in the socket. Now, I can’t find the cover that goes over the light and in a 25-FOOT camper no less. My advice is: don’t get old and feebleminded like me.

I checked the garbage. I wonder if I should check the refrigerator!!!!

My cousin Ethelyn is doing well. She slept well last night and isn’t experiencing much pain.

Speaking of sleeping well last night, I didn’t. I spent most of night up and down going into the bathroom carrying a dishpan with me in case I had to be sick. I might have felt better if I had been sick. When I talked to Karen today, she said she had not felt well last night either. We’re guessing it might have been the chicken wings, sauce, or blue cheese dressing we had at Kazbor’s.

In case you’d like to read the boring piece I wrote on my writing prompt, just continue reading. Otherwise, you might want to stop.

Prompt: Look out the window; write about what you see

The window over my kitchen sink is not very big. In fact, the size is probably not quite 2 feet by 2 feet. Still, it is still possible to see a few things from my window.

Most obvious is my beautiful, candy-apple red Ford F-150 pickup. It’s almost as long as my camper and, this morning, is dripping with dew. If I were to leave in the truck, I would have to wipe off my backup camera, squeegee my mirrors, and open then close both of the front seat windows to get the water off them.

On the other side of my pickup is a huge class A American Traditions motor home, which makes my home look like an outhouse. It’s mostly white with light brown and black accents – certainly not my favorite colors. I’ve never seen the folks that own it. They must travel a lot in the pickup truck they trailer behind their motor home. The coach is for sale, but I sure wouldn’t want to drive something so big. I have enough trouble with my truck.

Just behind the camper on the other side of a wire fence and driveway are fields of strawberries, except for about an acre which is just prepared land. That blank acre has been plowed and formed into big humps covered with black plastic just like for strawberry plants, but nothing has been planted there. When the fields had to be sprinkled to keep the plants from freezing, this empty acre was also sprinkled even though there were no plants to save.

Along the fence a couple of oak trees have managed to thrive. Their leaves scatter everywhere which is a problem since these trees drop leaves all year long. Some days there are so many leaves in my camper, I’ve considered using a rake instead of a broom.

Looking in the opposite direction, I can see three of the campers parked across the street. One is a Class C motor home, one is a fifth-wheeler, but I can’t see enough from the window to tell what kind of camper the third is. The folks in these homes sit outside in lawn chairs most of the day.

Yes, my kitchen window is small, but I can still see an amazing variety of things from it.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment