Thursday, September 8, 2011

Appropriate Terminology

I got an email with this interesting info:

NOW I UNDERSTAND!
The English language has some wonderfully anthropomorphic collective nouns for various groups of animals.
We are all familiar with a Herd of cows, a Flock of chickens, a School of fish and a Gaggle of geese.
However, less widely known is a Pride of lions, a Murder of crows (as well as their cousins the rooks and ravens), an Exaltation of doves and, presumably because they look so wise, a Parliament of owls. 
Now consider a group of Baboons. They are the loudest, most dangerous, most obnoxious, most viciously aggressive and least intelligent of all primates.
And what is the proper collective noun for a group of baboons? Believe it or not ....... a Congress!
I guess that pretty much explains the things that come out of Washington!
Look it up. A group of baboons is a Congress.

(and vice versa)

All Done – Well, David Is

My nephew David finished up the work on my camper today. He is such a good worker. After I get the polyurethane on my shelves, I’ll take some pictures so you can see. My cabinets are now much more usable. I have some shelves for knickknacks on both sides of my bed. I have a a couple more shelves in my bathroom. Last, but not least, I have a cabinet just as you come in my main door. It came with a half-shelf to make the space more usable and a huge drawer that I am looking forward to using. And, my FAR Infrared Sauna fits nicely right next to it.

Miscellaneous

It was so beautiful this morning (about 73 and breezy). What a nice change. It got a little warmer as the day went on, but now, it’s about 5 pm and looks like it might start pouring any minute.

Oh, I finished Iris Johansen’s book Quinn last night. I was so disgusted. She left it right at a crucial moment. Now, I have to wait until October 18th to find out what happened when her new book Bonnie comes out. I’m now reading Serpent’s Tooth by Faye Kellerman. I have one more Faye Kellerman book to read and I think I’ll have read all she has written. I wish I could read all of her Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus books again, but in order this time.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment