Monday, September 5, 2011

A Lovely Labor Day Dinner

My niece Jane and sister-in-law Esther are terrific cooks. Never was it more evident than today at my niece’s. My cousin Richard and I feasted with the family on fried rice; tempura (green beans, onion rings, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and broccoli); steak kabobs with green peppers, red peppers, and onions; fruit salad, baked potato skins (courtesy of Esther) and corn muffins (courtesy of me). Richard brought a peach pie and a coconut cream pie from Bob Evans.

We also got to watch a terrific magic show put on by David’s sons James and Bradley. I can’t believe how many tricks they did. I couldn’t figure out how they did most of them.

Tomorrow, Jane’s husband David is coming to start some work on my camper. I have some shelves I want him to put in and I’m hoping he can add another cabinet for me. I’ll have to take out a chair, but I can only sit in one at a time and there’s room on the sofa for 4 people and on the dinette for 4 more. I’ll still have a rocking chair for my daily use.

Those wildfires in Texas are something else. Let’s pray for rain for Texas and that these fires that are currently burning are brought under control quickly.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment