Sunday, September 25, 2011

Brunch at Shoney’s

This morning, I had the privilege of brunch at Shoney’s with my friend Carolyn and several members of her family. I rarely get to eat at Shoney’s anymore since almost all of the Shoney’s in Florida were closed sever years ago. Even better though was getting to spend time with my dear friends. You probably know people like that: even though you haven’t seen them in a while, it’s just like you last saw them only yesterday.

The six-hour drive back to Jeff’s was uneventful. I got back just a little after six pm and enjoyed some wonderful bean soup my brother Jeff made. It was funny: right after I pulled in the driveway, my sister-in-law Kathy pulled in and right after she pulled in, my nephew Greg came. We couldn’t have planned it better if we tried.

Needless to say, after that fairly long drive, I am beat.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment