Friday, February 18, 2011

Am I Blue?

Yesterday, I spoke about the fun I’ve been having playing Scrabble. Last night, I changed my opponent to the most difficult computer player. Believe me, things have changed. I have been soundly defeated eight times and barely defeated twice (once by 20 points and the last time by 17 points), but I have been defeated in all nine games by an average of 146.3 points. Can you tell I’m keeping track?

I am being exposed to words I’ve never heard before. I’m going to keep playing this guy (his name on the game is HARD1, not to be confused with the oft-defeated NORM1) because it can only improve my Scrabble skills. So, if you see me walking around looking defeated, just know it’s not real defeat, but only I’m a sore Scrabble loser.

Juliette’s Doggie’s New Home

Here is a picture of baby Juliette’ dog’s (Montana) new home:

MontanasNewHome

Writing Prompt: Blue – the color or the emotion

Blue is my favorite color. Blue is not my favorite emotion.

The color blue brings me great pleasure unlike the colors yellow or orange. Anyone who knows me knows that I think people who buy yellow vehicles, especially the yellow used on vehicles by the transportation department, should be stopped and slapped. Blue, on the hand, is pleasing to the eye.

Oh, there are some shades of blue I like better than others. The year I graduated from high school, my mother had a robin’s egg blue and white 1957 Ford Fairlane 500. (The actual name of the color was Starmist Blue, but that doesn’t tell you much.) What a gorgeous car, not only because of the blue, but because of the nice lines. This was when fins were popular and this car had fins in spades. Compared to car’s today, it was built like a tank, but it was a one of my favorite cars of all time. Too bad I wrecked it. It looked like this before I crashed it:

FordFairlane500

The fins show up better in this view:

FordFairlane2 

Wrecking that car made me blue - the emotion not the color. This was in the days before seat belts were routinely put in cars and I took a curve a little too fast. This caused me to slide in the seat and I couldn’t get to the brake or steer properly. But, as I said, that car was built like a tank and, even without a seatbelt, it protected me from any serious injury.

Anyway, when you think about blue, think about me – the color not the emotion. I am almost never blue.

 

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment