Sunday, February 13, 2011

Just Go With It

Today, Karen and I went to AMC to see the movie Just Go With It starring Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Brooklyn Decker, Nick Swardson, Nicole Kidman and Dave Mathews.

What a romp! Sandler plays a plastic surgeon who wears a wedding ring even though not married because he’s found out it’s a good way to pick up women and he doesn’t have to worry about making a commitment to them.

Jennifer Aniston plays his assistant who steps in to help him when he finally meets the girl of his dreams (Brooklyn Decker). This girl won’t have anything to do with him because she thinks he’s married. Jennifer, who is the divorced mother of two, pretends to be his soon-to-be-divorced wife. He bribes the kids to pretend to be his.

The story is a bit bizarre, but the movie is hilarious from beginning to end. It was over too quickly. (Actually, since I had a large Coke Zero, I would have been a lot more comfortable if it had been about 15 minutes shorter.)

I didn’t recognize Nicole Kidman or realize she was in the movie until I saw her name on the movie web site. I knew I knew her, but just couldn’t place her.

The two kids were unbelievably talented actors. We’ll see more of them, I’m sure

This afternoon, I had a wonderful nap, which is why I don’t feel a bit sleepy, but I’ll still probably go to bed early anyway and read or play Scrabble.

My iPhone Scrabble game is amazing. It has a feature which I turned on by mistake (called Teacher) which will show you where you could have made more points with the same rack of letters. I’m learning a lot from it and am coming across words I’ve never heard of. And I thought I was well read. NOT!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment