Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kindle vs iPhone4

This morning, I caught myself trying to tap my Kindle screen. I realized I was treating it like my iPhone4. How soon we get used to things. I really am enjoying my iPhone, though like all new technical objects, there are moments of frustration here and there. The Speaker feature is wonderful. According to those I’ve spoken with, it's very clear and easy to understand.

Christmas at Longhorn

My nephew Chris’s girlfriend tagged me in a photo on Facebook today. I, of course, copied the picture so I could have it in with my photos. The picture was taken at Longhorn Steakhouse and includes from left to right: my nephew Chris, my nephew Greg, my sister-in-law Kathy, some old feeble-minded lady, my brother Jeff, and Kathy’s mother Grace. Isn’t it a great picture? The only problem is that Sabrina, who took the picture, isn’t in it. I thought she had one taken by the waitress, but my feeble mind may not have that right.

Christams at Longhorn

 

Writing Prompt: Write about a wild-eyed dream

What exactly is a wild-eyed dream? Is it a dream that leaves you wild-eyed? One that frightens you so much you have to sleep the rest of the night with the lights on? If that were the case, wouldn’t the prompt be “Write about a nightmare.”

I’ve had my share of nightmares, especially when I was a child. There were two recurring dreams I had. In one, there was a wildfire and I could see it moving toward me over the hills near my home. I would run and run as fast as I could, but it would keep pace with me. I don’t know if that had anything to do with my fear of a burned-out house down in Tioga, Pennsylvania, which we used to pass when my dad would drive us to see my uncle and his family or my grandparents. Since that house was burned out before my father left us, I would have to have been younger than seven years old.

My other recurring wild-eyed dream of the nightmare variety involved some soldiers parachuting into the field behind and around my house. In short, we were being invaded. Why I dreamt that I have no idea. I just remember dreaming it many times.

The other possibility of a wild-eyed dream would be defined as something you never thought you could do in your life. My husband Mark and I shared one. We dreamed of traveling out in the southwest and seeing all of the beautiful sights we had read about. Well, that was a wild-eyed dream that came true. We flew out to Las Vegas and made that our central location. We got a terrific package involving hotel, the flight, and some attractions for a very reasonable price.

And this is one instance where reality was better than anything we could have dreamed. We saw nearly everything we set out to see, notably Yosemite Park, the Roy Rogers Museum in Victorville, CA, the Grand Canyon, the Meteor Crater, the Petrified Forest, Bryce Canyon, Zion National Forest, the Painted Desert, the Hoover Dam, Lake Meade and, of course, Las Vegas itself. It was one of the best vacations I’ve ever had.

I’d love to re-visit these sites and may be doing that before too long, I hope.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment