Saturday, February 12, 2011

Morning

 Writing Prompt: Write about your morning.

Morning is my favorite time of the day. I guess I’m a morning person. You have a whole brand new day to look forward to. You can plan or not. I find it doesn’t make much difference

My morning was a little unusual today. I had breakfast with some friends at Ben’s in Brandon. We used to meet for breakfast about once a week when we all worked together and even for quite a while after we all got laid off.

It’s always great to see good friends and catch up on the news, on what’s going on in their lives.

This morning, we spent quite a bit of time talking about phones. Yep, you read correctly: phones. Sue and I both have iPhones, Don and Sandy have Android phones, John and Sherry want an iPhone, but I don’t know about Dianne. Joan wasn’t there for that most of the conversation.

We all passed around our phones so everyone could see our neat pictures. I took some video with my new iPhone. Incredible! Sue had a phone with a “My Charger” case which gives her an extra FOUR hours of battery time, but I just got my Otter Box Defender case and figured out how to put the phone in it, so I guess I’ll just have to keep a charger on hand wherever I go.

The food at Ben’s is excellent and everybody had something different. I had a pecan and bacon waffle with home fries and onions. It was absolutely scrumptious, but all I want to do now is take a nap. Obviously, I ate too much.

On the whole, this has been my best morning in quite a while. And, guess what! I have another morning to look forward to tomorrow.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment