Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Answers in Genesis

My Truck Service

This morning at 7:15, I arrived at Jarrett-Scott Ford to have my truck serviced. Everything was okay with the truck. Since I have almost 17,000 miles on it (can you believe it?), a front-end alignment was recommended. So, they did the LOF, rotated the tires and aligned the front end. I’m now good for a few thousand more miles.

Answers in Genesis

Last night, I watched a DVD from Answers in Genesis called Answers 1. This morning I watched the third video in the series. I somehow managed to miss the second video when I bought them.

These videos give thoughtful, concrete answers to a lot of questions about creationism vs evolution. I have a number of their other videos that I’ve had for a while, but have never watched. I’ve set a goal to watch at least one a day. They’re very informative and interesting. Ken Ham, who is featured in quite a few of them, has n amazing Australian accent. I could listen to him all day.

I also watched their video Godless in America, which speaks about how 2/3 of children growing up in Christian homes and in our churches are leaving the church. They’ve also written a book about it called Already Gone.

Did you know that Charles Darwin is buried in the floor at Westminster Abbey? Seems an odd place to lay the father of evolution to rest, doesn’t it?

Julie Schenecker

Have you heard about the Tampa mom who killed her 13-year old son and 16-year old daughter, supposedly because they talked back to her. Whenever something like this happens, the natural response is to assign blame.

In this case, I think a lot of tragedies like this happen because of our callous disregard for human life. Think about it. In this country alone, there are approximately 3,700 abortions performed per DAY. Divide that number by 24 hours and there are a little more than 112 abortions performed every single hour. In my opinion, legally allowing the taking of a completely innocent human life has demonstrated that we just don’t care about life.

No one would have stopped Julie Schenecker from killing those two children while they were in her womb. How is doing it later any more immoral or illegal? Just THREE week’s after conception, a baby’s heart starts beating.

If we start protecting innocent, unborn babies from being murdered, perhaps we will begin to see a reduction in the type of murder that Julie Schenecker has apparently admitted to.

My Writing Prompt

Prompt: Write about a kiss

A kiss can heal a hurting heart.

A kiss can stop the crying.

A kiss can play a loving part,

When one we know is dying.

 

A kiss can say, “I love you, dear.

You mean the word to me.”

A kiss can make it very clear

There’s naught but you for me.

 

A kiss placed on a baby’s head

Can sense a coming fever.

A kiss can ease a person’s dread,

Can be a great reliever.

 

A kiss can say, “I’m sorry, hon.

I didn’t mean to do it.”

A kiss can help an injured one

To see how to get through it.

 

A kiss, a precious gift of God,

To help me tell my friends,

“My love for you is wide and broad,

A love that knows no end.”

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment