Monday, February 28, 2011

Moving Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow, I will be moving from where I am at lot 152 across the street to lot 144. I may be there permanently if gas prices don’t come back down. It will be quite a bit of work since I have stuff on top of my refrigerator. I have 3 12-packs of soda on each side of my entry door and a few more by my second bed. They will have to be put on the floor. I’m going to just unhook my computer and scanner and put them and my TV on my bed. There are a few things on my cabinets that will go either in the cabinets or in the sink. There’s some stuff in the bathroom that will go in the tub or in the sink. For the short distance I’m moving, I don’t think it will matter. It’s not like I’m confident enough in my driving that I’ll be whipping the camper around.

First thing in the morning, I will:

  • Put down my TV antenna
  • Dump my tanks and thoroughly clean them out
  • Unhook and wash the sewer hose, etc. and take it and the thing it rests on across the street
  • Move everything in the camper to a secure place
  • Turn off and close my overhead fan
  • Put my hitch back on the truck
  • Get the level out of the truck and put it in the camper
  • Unhook the clean water hose, screw the two ends together so nothing gets in and take the hose across the street
  • Unhook the hose I use fro cleaning my tanks and sewer hose and screw the two ends together so nothing gets in
  • Unhook the electric and feed the cord into the camper
  • Turn up the stabilizer jacks and move the yellow plastic things they rest on across the street
  • Hook up the camper to the truck
  • Remove the wheel chocks
  • Pull out the camper from lot 152
  • Back the camper into site 144 (this may take some time as I will probably not get it right the first time or two or three)
  • Make sure the camper is level
  • Chock the wheels
  • Wind down the stabilizer jacks onto the yellow plastic things
  • Hook the outside door so it won’t close
  • Close the screen door
  • Open and turn on the overhead fan
  • Hook up the sewer hose
  • Hook up the water
  • Hook up the electric
  • Put everything in the camper back where it was
  • Go to bed, go directly to bed, do not pass go, do not collect $200

I think this new spot will be much better and no one has it reserved at any time in the future, unlike the site where I am now.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment