Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It Did Not Go to the Moon

Nope, it did not go to the moon. I was beginning to think I would never find the cover to my bathroom light fixture, that it may have gone to the moon, the place where some ancients believed was the destination of lost items.

I found the cover in the second drawer of the little plastic 3-drawer cabinet I keep on my bathroom cabinet. And, yes, I did look in there before. Apparently, it became invisible as soon as I opened the drawer. I must have snuck up on it today because there it was right on top in the front of the second drawer.

By the way, I’m confident it became invisible because I looked in there several times and couldn’t see it.

Swiffer Mop or Sweeper?

Today, I decided my camper floor needed to be mopped. I sweep it several times a day because of the dirt I can’t avoid tracking in no matter how many mats I wipe my feet on. At this point, it’s four, if you count the mats on my two steps.

Today, I decided to use my Swiffer Mop. I knew I had a brand new bottle of cleaner for it and an unopened package of the cloths you attach to the bottom.

Alas, the brand new package was for the Swiffer sweeper, not the Swiffer mop. I was still able to do a fair job, but not as good as it would have been if I had the right cloth.

Using Up My Gigabytes

Much of the day today, I have spent watching TV shows on my computer. I get just a few TV stations so I miss some of my favorites, such as anything on CBS. Today I watched two episodes of NCIS LA. I watched two episodes of NCIS yesterday. I’m allowed 10 Gigabytes per month which resets on the 16th (tomorrow). Since I’ve used just a little over 5 Gb, I’m trying to use up the most I can before midnight. I think I’ll watch Bones next.

Writing Prompt: Write about a brief encounter

Wow! Just so you know how weird I am, when I saw this prompt, my mind immediately went to a different meaning of brief than one might expect. No doubt you were thinking of the obvious: a meeting with someone that did not last long.

Did you even consider it might mean an encounter with a lawyer’s brief or with underwear? I guess that just shows you how my mind works.

In this instance, though, I am having a very brief encounter with this prompt – ending right now!

Gotcha!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment