Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fleebaggers

Conservative writer Michelle Malkin has designated as Fleebaggers the state legislators who are leaving Wisconsin rather than staying and doing their job. She has once again used humor to make her point. These cowardly Democrats have left their posts so the legislature cannot change rules and bring the state into the beginnings of fiscal discipline.

Earthquake in New Zealand

I’m sure you’ve all heard of the earthquake that devastated New Zealand. As of this morning at 5:30, there were 75 deaths. There were also more than 30 victims trapped in the city’s  Pyne Gould building. Rescuers are hurrying to get them out, but as you can see from the following picture (from TheBlaze.Com), it’s a real challenge.

Earthquake in NZ 2

Here’s another picture from Christchurch, NZ – I hope there was no one in the car.

EarthquakeInNZ

You can read the whole story and see some remarkable pictures at:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nz-earthquake-death-toll-rises-to-75-as-rescuers-struggle-to-save-buried-survivors/ 

Anyone who has ever read books by Esse Summers (I read some of her books probably 30 years ago) has read about some strange happenings in New Zealand by way of earthquakes. 

Judgment Day

Radio and Internet Preacher Harold Camping has calculated that Judgment Day is coming on May 21st even though Jesus said no one knows when this will occur. I wouldn’t put much confidence in this date since he figured it out before as September 6, 1994. What is more Incredible than anything else is some people believe him!

Writing Prompt: These are the pleasures I have known

What are the pleasures I have known?

I’d like to talk about them.

The outcome of a job well done

Pleases me and then some.

An hour with a special friend

Can really give me pleasure.

Add to that an hour or two,

It’s like a hidden treasure.

A full moon lighting up the night

Is a beauty well worth knowing

A sun that sets the lake on fire

With red and orange glowing.

The pleasure of a morning shower

I do enjoy immensely.

Warm water flowing over me

Pleases me intensely.

What pleased me most in my whole life

Was when my Savior cleansed me.

He took my sins and saved me soul

And with His Spirit filled me.

I’d never felt so clean before

When Jesus washed away my sins.

His righteousness and not my own –

Just as if I’d never sinned.

Now, I can’t wait to see Him come

With saints of old who’ve passed away.

What pleasure to look forward to

On that great glorious rapture day.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment