Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lunch with Esther

Today, I went down to Brandon and met Esther for lunch. Her foot doctor is in Brandon which allows us to get together once in a while.

Juliette 

My cousin Ethelyn sent me a couple of new pictures of her great-granddaughter. She is just too precious.

Juliette in orange fixed

 Julietteinblue thing

 

My New iPhone 4

I sent the following in an email to my sister-in-law Rose, who also has a new iPhone:

I just love this new phone. This morning I figured out how to get weather for someplace other than Cupertino, CA (it was the default place for weather - I deleted that entry). Now I can instantly see weather for Thonotosassa, Corning, Lawrenceville (GA), Milan (TN), Johnson City, and Ulysses, PA. When it's 63 here and 1 degree in Corning, it really makes my day. I think it said JC was 3 degrees this morning when I checked, but it was almost tropical at 13 the last time I looked. :)

 

Writing Prompt: You hear church bells in a distance

You hear church bells in the distance and you know you are late. St. Michael’s bells are never wrong. You dash out the door, slamming it before you realize you’ve left your keys on the kitchen table. It never pays to hurry.

Now, you ask yourself where the rock is that hides the spare key. The vegetation in the flower bed has gotten out of hand. You push aside a croton, then a hibiscus bush, but don’t see the rock because there are so many leaves on the ground. It never fails: all dressed up and having to dig through rotting leaves to find a key. Finally, you find it and turn to go back up the steps. As you turn, you trip over a skateboard Jerry left outside. Now, your clean and neatly creased trousers are grass-stained and wrinkled, to say nothing of the fierce pain in your knee.

You shake yourself off, run into the house, grab your keys and set out again. You decided you’d better take the car instead of walking. You move Fred’s bike out from in front of the garage door and punch in the code on the security panel. Nothing happens. You re-enter it and the door finally goes up.

You get in the car, start the engine and back out of the driveway. As you’re heading down the street, you notice the gas warning light is blinking. Jennifer obviously forgot to fill up the tank…again. Considering the way the beginning of the day has gone, you are not surprised when the car starts to sputter and finally dies.

Not wasting any time ranting and raving, you open the car door, lock it, and rush down the street on foot. Finally, you reach St. Michael’s where you laugh as you spy the sermon topic posted on the church sign: “Haste makes waste; plan ahead so you don’t get behind.”

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment