Thursday, April 7, 2011

Arrived Safely

Today, at 5:06 am, I left for my brother’s and traveled 7 and 1/2 hours until I arrived at his house. I listened to a book on tape that was really good Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter. It wasn’t exactly an adult book, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. No laughing, now…

The day was beautiful for travelling and I made my usual 9 hour trip in 7 and 1/2 hours. I ate in the truck instead of stopping and eating. The traffic was good all of the way, even near the 75/675 split.

The dogwood trees were particularly beautiful. Scattered here and there against the backdrop of darker trees, the white was so brilliant it almost hurt to look at them. The pink dogwoods were also gorgeous, though not so prevalent.

My brother did not disappoint. We had homemade chili – yum! yum! and grilled sausage sandwiches with onions and peppers. He also baked a hot fudge cake which we had with vanilla ice cream. Wow! I’ll have to go on a diet when I get home.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment