Thursday, April 28, 2011

David Wilkerson Killed in Auto Accident

This morning, I was saddened to read on theblaze.com that Reverend David Wilkerson was killed in a car accident. He was the author of The Cross and The Switchblade and his ministry has helped thousands and thousands of people. I have been a regular supporter of his for many years and am sorry to hear of his passing. His monthly newsletters have been an inspiration to me and countless others.

I checked in with most of my family and they are all well in spite of the terrible storms that struck the southeast. But the poor people who lost everything – so sad. We must keep them in our prayers.

While I was visiting my niece in Alabama, she gave me some pictures of her kids. Here are a couple. Aren’t they a beautiful family?

Colleens and Kids and Rick-3sm

Colleens and Kids and Rick-5sm

Oh, and I wanted to let you see the sunflowers in my cousin Richard’s yard. They came from the seeds dropped out of the bird feeder.

Sunflowers at Richards-3-1sm

I’ve spent much of today reading the book Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. It’s about the generals and other leaders who participated in the Battle of Gettysburg. It’s very easy to read, and if you’re a fan of history as I am, very interesting and enlightening.

Well, back to the book.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment