Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Conspirator

This week, I heard of a new movie called The Conspirator, produced and directed by Robert Redford. Today, I had the privilege of seeing it. It mainly concerned the trial of Mary Surratt (played by Robin Wright) who was charged with conspiring with John Wilkes Booth to kill President Lincoln. Suffice it to say, justice was not part of this trial. They tried Mary Surratt in a military tribunal.

I won’t spoil the plot, but it was an excellent movie. James McAvoy, who will be appearing in X-Men: First Class, portrayed her defense attorney. His girlfriend was played by Alexis Bleidel, who you might know from Gilmore Girls or The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Kevin Kline did an excellent job playing Secretary of War Edwin Stanton.

On Friday, I’ll be traveling to Gadsen, AL to meet my niece Colleen (she goes by CJ even though her middle name is Rae just like mine – maybe I should start calling myself KJ :). I’m really looking forward to seeing her. I haven’t seen her since just before Mom passed.

My cousin Ethelyn’s grandson J.F. is featured in an article in Armed with Science at:

http://science.dodlive.mil/2011/04/19/countdown-to-endeavour-what-is-a-forward-air-observer/

My nephew Greg came for dinner tonight. It’s so good to see him. He was sporting a sore spot where he fell while stopping on his new bike. Just needs a bit more practice.

Time for bed.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment