Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blueberry Festival

This morning, my sister-in-law Esther picked me up to go to the Blueberry Festival with her, our niece Jane, Jane’s husband David, and their two boys Bradley and James. This is the fourth year of this festival and it’s just 2-3 miles down Thonotosassa Rd from my home.

This picture features David and Jane.

Blueberry Festival 20110430-1-1sm

Here are Bradley, James, and David.

Blueberry Festival 20110430-2-1sm

Jane and Esther are going to hate this picture when they see it :)

Blueberry Festival 20110430-4-1sm

Esther is happy, happy.Blueberry Festival 20110430-5-1sm

I could not believe how many people were there. Every empty and not-so-empty field within a mile of the place was filled with cars and had cars coming and going.

At the festival, there were a number of vendors set up selling - can you believe it? – blueberries, BBQ, sandwiches, French fries, Gyros, Kettlecorn, jewelry, hot sauce, blueberry and wine-related items, and so on and so on. For $5, you could taste each of the wines sold at the Keel and Currey Winery. Was the wine-tasting bar ever busy!

Most of their wines are really tasty. My favorite is Peach Chardonnay or Tangerine Tango or Strawberry Riesling, but they have others.

Everybody in our group except me wandered out into the hot sun and picked blueberries. I picked mine by pointing to the package of pre-picked blueberries I wanted.

We had a great time and I’m looking forward to the fifth annual festival.

I’m reading Miss Julia Renews Her Vows right now by Ann B. Ross. There is a whole series of Miss Julia books and I have enjoyed every one I’ve read. I asked for 4-5 library books to be put on hold for me . I expect they’ll be in by the time I finish this one.

Well, I guess that’s if for tonight.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment