Friday, April 22, 2011

A Long, Wonderful Trip

About 6:40 this morning, I left for Alabama to meet my niece CJ and her son Johnny for lunch. It was a wonderful, though long, trip. My GPS said it would take 2 hours and 43 minutes to get there and that was about right. In spite of it’s being Good Friday, the traffic was very reasonable.

Here they are after our wonderful lunch at Logan’s Roadhouse in Gadsen, AL:

CJ and Johnny Sm

I had a great breakfast at Waffle House after I got into Alabama. I stopped at the rest area just over the GA/AL border. It was clean and well-maintained with lots of beautiful flowers.

AL Rest Area Flowers SM

 AL Rest Area Sm 

In the rest area/tourist info center, I found a paper on the chocolate exhibit at the Anniston Museum of Natural History. Since I was way ahead of time and since I had to go right by it, I decided to stop. I took 84 pictures, but won’t bore you will all of them. Here are a few:

Anniston Museum of History-02 Sm

The following shirt was on display, but they didn’t have any for sale. In case you can’t read it, it says, “Hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt.”

 Anniston Museum of History-70 Sm

On the way out, I went through the conservatory where there were a lot of beautiful orchids:

 Anniston Museum of History-79 sm

 Anniston Museum of History-80 Sm

Anniston Museum of History-81 Sm

 

Anniston Museum of History-83 Sm

Altogether, it was a wonderful day. I hope we don’t have to wait so long to see each other again.

One thing that puzzled me, though, is that the speed limit on Interstate 20 was 55 MPH, while the speed limit on a state road was 65 MPH. Weird, huh?

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment