Friday, March 18, 2011

Absolutely NOT Better

My Internet connection had improved, but now it’s back to its old tricks. I think I’ll post this, but who knows. I have to reboot and try the connection again. It got so bad, I gave up trying to keep track of it on my spreadsheet. I am so disgusted! But, what are you going to do. I’ll call them Monday if it persists.

I got the following in an email from a friend. It really says it like it is:

Arizona governor vs. Phoenix Suns owner 

I'd say she makes a pretty good case with her analogy!

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes Arizona's new immigration laws.

Arizona's governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:

"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying?  What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected.  Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary eats and drink?   And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and shelter?" 
                                                                                                                                       -- Arizona Governor Jan Brewer

clip_image002

Tsunamis and Preparedness

Following is a link to a site where a visitor to Hawaii and ardent survivalist describes his experience when the tsunami that hit Japan hit Hawaii. It’s instructive, to say the least. I hope it will get you all thinking about what you would do if there were a sudden need to bug out or if our world fell apart in same way or other.

http://secretsofurbansurvival.com/699/personal-2011-tsunami-experience/

You’ll also get an opportunity to sign up for his very helpful email newsletter.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment