Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Great Day`

Today was a great day, even though I didn’t get to sleep until after 3:30 this morning and woke up at 6:30.

This afternoon, I drove over to my sister-in-law Esther’s house and we went to Safety Harbor to the St. Baldrick’s Day fundraiser where my nephew Steve and his band were playing. It was a gorgeous day even though it got a little chilly as the sun started going down.

The band was great. When we left there, we headed to Luigi’s Restaurant on Gandy Blvd for dinner. Steve met us there. We had the most delicious food and I just polished off a piece of Red Velvet Cake I brought home with me. I had Linguini Carbonara (I ate every morsel), Esther had Osso Bucco and Steve had the Veal Chops.  This was after the two appetizers: Chicken Artichoke Bruschetta and Portobello Mushrooms with Cheese and Tomatoes. The Carbonara dish was specially made – it wasn’t on the menu, but that did have Cheese-Stuffed Rigatoni Carbonara. Since I don’t care for ricotta cheese or rigatoni that much, I asked the waitress if I could have linguini instead. She said okay and it was wonderful. It’s hard to find an Italian restaurant that even serves Carbonara.

It’s now almost 10 pm and I’ve been up since 6:30 this morning so I think I’ll hit the hay.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment