Friday, March 11, 2011

Dam Grazers

In case you didn’t get this from me in an e-mail:

Diga del Cingino Dam , Italy

clip_image001
This is the Diga del Cingino dam in Italy -
but look closer....see spots on the dam wall?
clip_image002
clip_image003
clip_image004
clip_image005
They are European Ibex. They eat the moss  
and lichen and lick the salt off the dam wall.

Isn’t that incredible?

It was very cold overnight. I had to get my heater out and start it up.

Today I scanned three more boxes of receipts. I just have five more to go and I’ll be done with the old ones. I’m throwing out most of them without scanning, because it’s not stuff I’ll need in future. Unfortunately, I have to go through all of the stuff anyway. although I did throw out clumps of stuff more than 7 years old.

We may have a frost tonight, so I already have my heater going. It’s keeping it a comfortable 67 in here right now.

I received my ClickFree Backup device in the mail today. It scans your computer and backs up all of your data files. When you plug it in the next time, it backs up just the changes. I figure I’ll use it once a week. I’m obsessively compulsive about backups. I hope you back up your files. I’ll store the backup device in my pickup. That way, if something happens to my camper and, thus, my computer, I will not have lost all of my stuff.

What I couldn’t believe about the backup was that it only too about 4 hours to back up my 175,931 data files. When I’ve used other backups, it takes 2 or 3 days. This is much better.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment